Tuesday 26 June 2012

Bedlam: S02E03 - 'Unfaithful'


I don't know if anyone actually cares, but the new episode of Bedlam (has been out for a little while, sorry) is here and I said I'd review the whole thing. So here is episode 3, 'Unfaithful'.

So the episode opens almost like a parody of itself, adding sex, douchebags and ghosts all into the opening part of the episode. And those three things practically sum up the entire show.

Despite having only just learnt last episode that Max runs the blog that is sending Bedlam Heights out of business on last weeks episode, he pays for it very early on in the episode because he is exploiting Ellie's life for his blog and she finds out.

We also learn more about Kate and her father, despite Kate being offed in the first episode. In the last season Kate had prophetic visions and found herself seemingly teleported around the building. Now her father has taken over this role. Another ongoing theme that hasn't really been worth mentioning until now. And we also now have an apparent ongoing theme of ghosts pissing around with phonecalls. This isn't scary, it's just dumb!

Okay so the slag of the week is being haunted by some kind of music box after she cheated on her husband, riveting stuff! Oh no wait... The ghosts other abilities include making the victim sleepwalk and giving them bad dreams. I thought we'd got passed annoying ghosts and moved onto ones who provide a genuine threat. I mean as if they weren't stupid enough, people mimic ghost like activity throughout the episode. These ghosts are shit. Basically she has decided to have her wedding at Bedlam Heights and move in because...reasons and that is our mainplot of the week.

I have to say, it had me in pieces when Lacey Turner was trying her hardest to deliver the lines, 'I think what killed her was a broken heart' especially when the show shows our ghost dying because of what looks like a haemorrhage after being raped. Broken heart? More like broken vagina. And so the ghost goes after people who disrespect marriage, and then the ghost is defeated by not getting married. My God this is dumb.

I was happy that the death of Cass had some direct impact into this episode. Ellie's fear makes her much more relatable than superhero Jed. We also get more about Eve, our Super Saiyan little girl. And we get some backstory for Max, but I honestly don't care. We also get some backstory on Ellie but it isn't really important to the plot so, I don't care. And they make a much bigger deal out of Kiera shaggin' Kate's Dad and I also don't care. What happened to ghosts and mysteries? I guess we should just be grateful they spared us the Lacey Turner sex scene. Oh and Max likes Ellie apparently.

It honestly blew me away just how hard it was to get back into this show. Even though it's only just been over a week since I saw the last episode and we get enough references throughout to remind us of previous episodes there are a lot of slowly forming, running plotlines that you have to remember yourself to make any sense of. So at some points I was like, 'wait what?', until I read through my older reviews to remind myself.

Overall this episode was really pretty awful. I can't believe how convoluted this series has gotten but even that aside the episode was so stupid you could actively feel the actors just didn't have their heart in it. The show has just become everything I feared it would and my enjoyment is slipping.

Pros;

  • Ellie - she deserves a better series.


Cons;

  • Terrible Writing.
  • So. Much. Filler. STOP!
  • This episode was so fucking stupid.
  • How hard to follow this is.

Think About It!

-Locke

No comments:

You may also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...